Raw 1213 Recap
Sami Zayn vs. Seth Rollins
Zayn injured his ankle in this match and it looked nasty. Seriously? What voodoo has Rollins put on his opponents? As the match went on though it became pretty clear that the injury wasn’t as bad, or maybe even wasn’t real.
Kevin Owens vs. Neville
Neville hit a 450 off of the apron onto Owens on the mat, holy crap, that looked so painful. The man is incredible. I knew Owens was going to win this match but I really enjoyed it anyways, Neville put on a show, Owens sold it incredibly well because he’s a stud, but Neville is back and I can’t wait to see him more then.
Rusev vs. Big Cass
I hate commercials in matches, especially when they happened 30 seconds in…why?? Just do the commercial before hand. This is so dumb.
Big Cass wins by count out. Rusev walked away. So gross. Though it does keep a potential Rusev vs. Cass rivalry clean for the future.
Bayley vs. Dana Brooke
We all knew how this was going to go.
Bayley wins. Charlotte is scared. This should get very interesting when Sasha comes back. Also, why is the Raw Women’s division so much better than Smackdown’s?
Roman Reigns vs, Chris Jericho
Owens, of course, came out to ringside to distract Reigns. Not surprising. Jericho got the Walls of Jericho on Reigns perfectly in the middle of the ring and for a second I thought he was actually going to tap. After more interference from Owens and a Code Breaker by Jericho, Reigns still tapped out. Despite his suspension, he is apparently still incredibly hard to beat…I’m ok with that though.
Finn Balor had to relinquish the Universal Title because he tore his labrum in the match against Seth Rollins at Summer Slam. This sucks so hard and not just because I’m a huge Finn Balor fan. This sucks because we had at least 2 or 3 more Rollins vs. Balor matches before one of them moved on and they were only going to get better.
I wish him a speedy recovery and hope that he comes back even better.
Things of Note
- Good on WWE for giving Balor some time on the mic to thank the fans. Also class from Foley and Stephanie during that segment…up until Rollins came out.
- I’m really interested in how WWE is booking Enzo and Cass. They are simultaneously a tag team while WWE is also developing Cass as a soon to be big-time singles competitor. I wonder how Enzo feels about this? But needless to say, I’m intrigued to see how this shakes out.
- A series of matches were declared to determine the new Universal Champion who will be crowned next week on Raw.
- Charlotte flapped her jaw for a while, which was to be expected. Foley came out and they laid very obvious tacks that Bayley was about to debut. It’s about FREAKING time. Oh my gosh. I’m so happy. And she challenged Charlotte for the Women’s championship, who pawned if off on Dana. I wonder how this is going to go.
- The Dudley Boyz retired. Didn’t see that coming. Congrats on a great career guys. Seriously, they were so good for so long.
- Why did Primo and Epico come out and ruin the Dudley Boyz goodbye? No one gives a crap about The Shining Stars. I get that WWE wanted one last table hurrah for the Dudleyz, but this was pandering at its worst. Oh my God, Gallows and Anderson attacked the Dudley Boyz. The is officially the worst. This is how the Dudleyz go out!? Just a shame.
- Michale Cole, during the Bayley vs. Dana match, said, “Last year Bayley won the NXT Women’s championship here in Brooklyn, tonight she’s looking to repeat that success.”…NO SHE ISN’T. She’s not in NXT anymore and she’s wrestling Dana Brooke in her Raw debut, and there is no title on the line. Why do they say things like this????
- The Fatal Four Way match will be Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens, and Big Cass. Which one of these does not fit? No shade towards Big Cass, I love him, but he’s definitely the new kid on the block in this foursome. I’m ecstatic to see him here but, again, what is WWE doing with him and Enzo. This truly is very interesting.
Summer Slam left a very sour taste in my mouth, in fact, I was mad. This episode of Raw removed that taste and made me very happy aside from a how the Dudleyz went out. They deserved better.